Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DIY: Distressed Shorts

Another lazy afternoon. What's new about it? hahaha! You know that feeling, days are passing by and seems nothing new is happening each day!? Well, I merely knew that feeling. Due of my persistent to make this day productive, I searched some old clothes on my closet that I can use for my next DIY project. And here it is, I found an old colored jeans! :)


I can say that distressed shorts is on the latest trends last summer, recently. Its already rainy season here in the Philippines. But I know in some other parts of our world, they are having summer season yet. I want to share to them how to make distressed shorts on their own and use this shorts fashionably even though its rainy season. 


What you'll need:
Old jeans (colored or denim)
Pencil or Marker
Ruler (optional)
A pair of scissor
Sand paper (not in the photo)


Step 1:
With the use of the pencil or marker, mark the jeans on how you want your short to look like, short shorts or longer. It's up to you. For my short, I make a slant line that I will follow when I cut the jeans. 


Step 2:
Cut it according to the outline you mark on the jeans.

I was not satisfied with the length of the short I made, so I cut it even more shorter.


Step 3:
Prepare the sand paper.
By the way, you can use cheese grater or foot scrubber in distressing your short.


Step 4:
The first part I distressed was the end part of the short. I gathered it all together and scrub the sand paper.

This is what it looks like after I scrub the sand paper.


Step 5:
Cut some part of the shorts. It depends on your creativity. You can google some ideas or styles how you can beautify your short. 


Step 6:
Get your sand paper again and rub it on the area you cut earlier.
This will make you short distressed. 
And that's all, you have your own style of distressed shorts.

Remember that you don't need to spend money to have those clothes on the latest trends. All you have to do is surf the net for tips and ideas how you can have your own version of clothes you were eyeing for.


xoxo,
SHERLAINE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Hugs and kisses from Dubai <3